AirBNB as you know is a home sharing website and mobile phone app which allows you to set up or book a fairly instant Bed ‘N Breakfast.
Your “AirBNB listing” can be…
- a cave
- a van, RV, or camping trailer
- double wide mobile home
- live/work loft
- condo complex*
- single family residence of any size
- a yurt or tent
As you can imagine, AirBNBs are set up quickly and easily!
- Any housing type
- Any location
- Any climate.
All you have to do is… visit airbnb.com.
Beyond that, the essential steps generally include:
- Sign up for an AirBNB account
- Click on “Switch to Hosting” in the main menu
- Add your first house rental listing
- Take photos of your furnished, clean AirBNB and upload them to your listing
- Add descriptions, available amenities, and house rules to your AirBNB listing
- Add your bank account and tax ID information
- Set your schedule – when you will make your house rentable on AirBNB
- Create a short “FAQ” (list of Q&A that most guests will ask you for: how to access and enter your house, wifi password, when to check in/out, emergency contact info, etc)
Before following the 8 steps above, you’ll want to verify your city’s and county’s AirBNB rental restrictions and rules and tax/fee requirements, if any. Simply Google “AirBNB regulations for my_city_here” or check with other local AirBNB hosts!
*You must check your Condo and Townhouse HOA rules and regulations regarding AirBNB rentals.
**Same for apartments, but that hasn’t stopped many people.